The growing number of people with portable gadgets means that there is now a huge choice when it comes to headphones. From wireless earbuds to in-ear variants, the industry is thriving as more and more people turn away from bulky home stereos or head-piece models. We have also seen a rise in compact speakers for smartphones and tablets, but what about the pillow speaker? 1
Because these are small in size, you don’t need to worry about tripping over wires or getting tangled up. They could also be a great gift for someone who is away from home a lot and would like to hear soft sounds while they fall asleep.
A pillow speaker is a compact form of portable speakers that can be placed under your pillow. They are mainly used to play music and give you a much better way to enjoy listening to music than with earphones or headphones. This means that it offers some great benefits, one of which is the ability for the little speaker to emit high-quality sound.
Top 5 Best Pillow Speakers UK
1. Top Choice – HOMESCAPES Washable Music Pillow With Removable Speaker
The HOMESCAPES Washable Music Pillow has quite an interesting design. It comes in a striking blue colour and the speaker can be removed from the pillow for cleaning when it gets too dirty or you just want to give it a good wash. The coverage of the pillow is actually rather generous at 16 x 25 inches, so there’s plenty of room for you to enjoy your music.
The speaker is very powerful at 3 Watts and it also has an excellent frequency response, giving a very clear sound that will surely impress even the most demanding listeners. There is a built-in microphone so that you can use this pillow for taking calls too – just push the button to answer or hang up the phone.
Despite the fact that this pillow speaker is a fairly small form factor, it can still blast out some great sound – in all honesty, you really don’t need to worry about being disappointed with its performance because it emits high-quality audio.
The Bluetooth range is around 20 metres so you don’t have to worry if there’s not a lot of space around the pillow. You can also enjoy hands-free calling on this device, making it very easy to place calls or answer them.
With a built-in rechargeable battery, you’ll be able to enjoy 12 hours of continuous music before you need to recharge the speaker in its USB charger and plug it into your computer or laptop.
- Has a washable, removable speaker.
- 3W speaker gives excellent sound.
- Comes with hands-free calling feature.
- The on and off buttons can be a little stubborn at times.
Summary: This is an excellent pillow speaker that you’ll fall in love with as soon as you’ve used it for the
2. Best Under Pillow Speaker – Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker With Lightning Connector
This great device is designed to complement the latest generation of Apple products. The Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker comes with a Lightning connector so that you’ll be able to use it with an iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch without any problems at all.
The speaker itself is just 1 inch in size but don’t let this fool you into thinking that it’s not capable of delivering a great sound. You can blast out some very clear audio and the speaker has an excellent frequency response, so there’s no need to worry about distortion at high volumes.
This is the perfect gadget for taking with you on your travels because it has been designed to be compact and lightweight – even when you’ve fully charged the speaker, the weight is just 1.3 ounces so it’s a very portable device.
The battery life of this excellent pillow speaker is superb – you can enjoy up to 8 hours of music on a single charge and you’ll be able to take it with you wherever you go because charging doesn’t take very long at all.
The speaker is very easy to pair with other devices, so you’ll be able to use it in no time at all – as soon as your Bluetooth-enabled device powers on, the pillow will connect automatically and start playing music. The buttons are very easy to use as well because they’re accompanied by a voice prompt that warns you when you need to turn on or off the device.
This is a very comfortable pillow speaker that you can snuggle into and use in your bed – it’s made from a soft cotton fabric so there are no worries about having anything hard rubbing against your neck while you listen to music. The speaker itself is very discreet and you’ll be able to enjoy your music in private without anyone knowing.
- Small, lightweight device can be taken anywhere with you.
- 8 hours of battery life for listening and taking calls.
- Lightning connector to work with iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch devices.
- Quality-wise this is not the best pillow speaker on the market but it’s still quite good for the price.
Summary: The Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker works perfectly with Apple devices and is very comfortable to use. It also has an incredible battery life, so this really is a great buy for anyone who wants portable music that’s easy to take anywhere you go.
3. Best Bluetooth Pillow – Soundasleep Bluetooth Speaker Pillow
This great speaker has been designed specifically for use with iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch models so that you can listen to music without any connection issues.
The Soundasleep Bluetooth Speaker Pillow is made from a soft cotton fabric that’s very comfortable to cuddle up against while you’re listening to music – it’s also great for enjoying audiobooks too.
The Bluetooth speaker is designed to fit snuggly around your neck so that it’s very comfortable to use in bed or when you’re traveling – it also has a microfiber fabric lining so that the speaker isn’t damaged by any moisture from your skin. You can even remove this lining and wash it if necessary, which means that it has been constructed very well indeed.
The Soundasleep Bluetooth Speaker Pillow is powered by a Li-Polymer battery that lasts for up to 10 hours – the LED indicator light shows you how much power remains so you’ll always know when it’s time to recharge. You can enjoy some incredible sound quality while using this pillow speaker because the frequency response is very good indeed and the sound quality is crisp and clear.
This particular pillow speaker has been designed to be used with iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch models so you’ll have no problems getting it to work – there’s an included lightning connector for charging so that you can use the speaker with these devices as soon as it powers up.
- Comes with a plug adapter so that you can use it in Europe and Asia.
- Designed to be used with iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch devices.
- Small and lightweight speaker that’s compact enough for travel.
- Not the best-sounding pillow speaker on the market, but it still sounds quite reasonable in terms of quality.
Summary: The Soundasleep Bluetooth Speaker Pillow has been designed to be used with select Apple devices and it’s very comfortable to use – the battery life is also incredible, so this really is a great buy for anyone who wants portable music that’s easy to take anywhere you go.
4. Best Budget Speaker Pillow – Sleep n Sound Pillow Speaker
The Sleep n Sound Pillow Speaker has been designed to be very comfortable when you’re using it in bed or for traveling. It’s located on the left side of the pillow to ensure that you’ll be able to use your earphones without any issues and the speaker itself is very discreet so that no one will know that you have a speaker inside your pillow.
This speaker has been designed to be very lightweight and portable so that you can enjoy your music wherever you go – it’s also compatible with any Bluetooth enabled device, so you’ll always be able to listen to your favorite artists in good quality sound. It’s recommended that the battery is charged for up to 4 hours before use to ensure that the speaker has enough power and lasts as long as possible.
The Sleep n Sound Pillow Speaker is powered by a rechargeable battery so you can enjoy your music all night without ever having to worry about buying batteries – the on/off switch helps to conserve battery life too. It’s recommended that this speaker should be charged for no more than 2 hours at a time, and you should avoid charging it for longer because it can cause damage to the battery.
The Sleep n Sound Pillow Speaker is designed to be comfortable when you’re using it in bed or for traveling – this has been confirmed by many of the reviews left online from customers who have tried out this pillow speaker and found it very comfortable indeed.
- Very comfortable to use when you’re traveling and in bed.
- Rechargeable battery lasts a good few hours before having to recharge again.
Quite cheap for the quality of speaker that’s on offer here, making it great value.
- It has been reported that this pillow speaker is not very loud.
Summary: The Sleep n Sound Pillow Speaker is designed to be very comfortable when you’re using it and the price is great considering the quality of sound that’s on offer – it’s also built to last so there are no worries about taking this pillow speaker with you everywhere you go.
The battery life is good but not excellent so you will need to recharge it if you’re using the speaker all night.
5. Best Budget Underpillow – Roberts Radio Pillow Talk Speaker
The Roberts Radio Pillow Talk Speaker has been designed to be comfortable when it’s inserted inside your pillowcase (under your pillow). There are no controls on this speaker so you’ll need to connect the device that you want to use with this speaker via the 3.5mm audio jack/ cable stereo plug that’s included with this product. This speaker is easy to use and the battery life is really good too.
The Pillow Talk Speaker has been designed with a hard-covered case that’s made from strong material, so it will be able to withstand regular wear and tear. The wire connecting the pillow to your device must also be removed after each use to prolong its lifespan because it can become damaged in other ways if it’s not removed.
The Pillow Talk Speaker has two speakers inside that work together to provide quality sound – this is especially great for enjoying music with your partner on those special nights! The volume can be adjusted using the 3-way switch between max, min and off. It really is a great buy and the reviews back this up too.
- Provides great quality sound and is relatively cheap for the quality of speaker that you’re getting here.
- This speaker is very comfortable to use in bed at night when listening to music with your partner.
- Not the loudest speaker on the market but it’s still great if you’re not looking for a super loud device.
Summary: The Pillow Talk Speaker is very comfortable and provides quality sound – this can be enjoyed with your partner in bed at night, which is ideal when you want to listen to music without disturbing anyone else around you.
Benefits of A Speaker Pillow
- Having a pillow speaker as part of your bedroom equipment has many benefits. Here are some of the best:
- You’ll be able to enjoy listening to music without disturbing anyone else around you . This is ideal if you’re going to sleep and want to listen to music in the background, whether it’s with the lights on or not.
- You are able to listen to music with your partner/s . This can be done in bed while you’re both sleeping by inserting the speaker under your pillow. You’ll be able to control the volume using the on-off switch and have no worries about disturbing anyone else who is sleeping nearby because this speaker doesn’t make any noise when it’s turned off.
- You don’t need to get up if you want to turn the music down or completely off . The 3-way switch on this speaker makes it easy for you to change the volume as needed in bed, so there are no worries about getting up if you would rather listen to something else that’s playing.
- The battery life is great . You’ll be able to enjoy using this speaker throughout the night without having to worry about it running out of charge or being pulled from your pillow because you’re uncomfortable – just plug it in and carry on!
Buying Guide For Speaker Pillows
Different Styles of Speaker Pillows
If you’re looking to buy a speaker pillow, there are many styles that you can choose from. Here are some of the most popular:
Some of these speakers have been designed to wrap around your pillow, so you can put them inside the case and use them while you’re sleeping. They tend to be waterproof which is ideal for people who may want to take a shower or bath while they are lying in bed – it makes no difference as long as they’re wrapped around your body